AWARENESS + ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE
BE A CLIMATEYOGI
What are the causes of climate change? What does climate change mean for humanity and the Earth? How can Yoga help solve climate change?
Yoga helps us focus and direct our energy so we can do our best work. The climate change crisis needs our best work.
Action of the Month
REDUCING Your Carbon Footprint
A new report by the INTERGOVERNMENTAL PANEL ON CLIMATE CHANGE was released October 8, 2018.
The report is clear: A rapid transition away from fossil fuels is imperative. The world must reduce carbon emissions by 50% by 2030. We have about 10 years to dramatically change our energy use and sources. We can start with an individual commitment to reduce our own carbon footprint.
1. I recognize the value and interdependence of all life on Earth.
2. I am dedicated to leave future generations a planet with a stable climate and healthy ecosystems that can sustain them, providing clean air, clean water, and nutritious food.
3. I take responsibility for my individual contribution to Climate Change, and take actions to reduce it.
4. I communicate with others about the issue of Climate Change to build a community able to take action at the societal level.
5. I maintain a regular Personal Practice that sustains my life energy, my awareness of connection to all life, my clarity of vision, my courage, and my commitment to ethical action.
If you currently practice Yoga or are interested in it, and if you are concerned about the effects of climate change; if you feel a responsibility to care for the world so that it will sustain future generations - I invite you to join ClimateYogi.