AWARENESS + ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE
BE A CLIMATEYOGI
What are the causes of climate change? What does climate change mean for humanity and the Earth? How can Yoga help solve climate change?
Yoga helps us focus and direct our energy so we can do our best work. The climate change crisis needs our best work.
Action of the Month
The basis for all our climate action is our love and care for the living Earth. All of humanity, the plants, animals, fungi, bacteria - all life arises from a common origin and is related, connected and interdependent. No life form, including us, is separate from the complex web of life. Everything depends on everything else.
Each day for the rest of January, I invite you to spend some time to simply be in connection with the Earth and all that it contains. Perhaps only a few conscious breaths, perhaps a longer meditation, but as consistently as you can. Meditate on gratitude for your life, and everything that sustains life. Contemplate what you care about and love most deeply.
1. I recognize the value and interdependence of all life on Earth.
2. I am dedicated to leave future generations a planet with a stable climate and healthy ecosystems that can sustain them, providing clean air, clean water, and nutritious food.
3. I take responsibility for my individual contribution to Climate Change, and take actions to reduce it.
4. I communicate with others about the issue of Climate Change to build a community able to take action at the societal level.
5. I maintain a regular Personal Practice that sustains my life energy, my awareness of connection to all life, my clarity of vision, my courage, and my commitment to ethical action.
If you currently practice Yoga or are interested in it, and if you are concerned about the effects of climate change; if you feel a responsibility to care for the world so that it will sustain future generations - I invite you to join ClimateYogi.